About Rosa & Clara Designs
Rosa & Clara Designs creates homewares, gifts and stationery featuring cheerful, illustrative patterns. From pineapple print lamp shades to charmingly illustrated list pads, everything is designed to bring colour and cheer into your everyday life.
The brand was founded by Jessica Hayman, a former lawyer who decided to return to her first love, design. It is named after her two daughters, who are great fans of colour and pattern themselves, and always a source of inspiration.
Jessica creates her illustrations and patterns from her studio at home in East Dulwich, South London. Along side her product ranges, Jessica works on a range of commissions, such as house illustrations and bespoke textile designs. She also licenses her designs to companies such as Timbergram.
Rosa & Clara Designs has been featured by a range of publications, including the Sunday Times, the Independent, the Evening Standard, Grand Designs Magazine, Mollie Makes, Style at Home and Prima. A selection of patterns designed by Jessica has also been included in 'Pattern Euphoria', a recently published book showcasing 40 international designers.
Jessica was one of the designers commissioned to design a miniature room for an exhibition at the V&A Museum of Childhood, 'Small Stories: At Home in a Dolls' House'. The exhibition is currently touring internationally and you can see images of Jessica's room on the museum's website, right here.
SO EVERYTHING IS DESIGNED IN LONDON, BUT WHERE IS EVERYTHING MADE?
As a firm believer in supporting British industry and local economies throughout the UK, Jessica works with only British manufacturers and printers.
Jessica is also delighted to be working with the Working Well Trust, a mental health charity based in Whitechapel, London, which supports its clients to return to employment. All of Rosa & Clara Designs' cushions are sewn by the Working Well Trust.
And just in case you are interested in exactly where everything is made:
- Lamp shades: the cotton is printed in Lancashire and the lamp shades are handmade by Jessica.
- Cushions: the cotton is printed in Lancashire and the cushions are handmade by the Working Well Trust in London.
- Tea towels: printed and sewn in Lincolnshire.
- Placemats and coasters: manufactured in Worcestershire.
- Wash bags: the cotton is printed in Lancashire and the wash bags are handmade in Leamington Spa.
- Cards and gift tags: printed in Kent.
- Wrapping paper: printed in Cornwall.
- Sticky tape: printed in Lancashire.